sbc

Saturday, August 15, 2015

CRUSTLESS BACON SPINACH SWISS QUICHE

#dinner
CRUSTLESS BACON SPINACH SWISS QUICHE LOW CARB
“I’ve read through a lot of recipes to come up with my version of this quiche. I wanted to make one that is crustless and low carb, and this one is a WINNER! But once I start eating it, I just don’t want to stop! I thought I could make it ahead so I could have a quick breakfast on work mornings, but this rarely lasts out the day it was made!”
Ingredients
1 lb bacon
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 teaspoon olive oil
10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
6 eggs
½ cup heavy whipping cream
salt
pepper
Directions
On a foil lined pan, cook bacon in 350 degree F. oven until crisp.
While bacon cooks, chop onion and shred cheese.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and stir to coat.
When onion turns glossy, add thawed spinach, and stir to mix. Heat about 5 minutes, then remove from heat to cool.
Remove bacon from oven, and place on a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
Stir together eggs, salt, pepper & heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl.
Add in cheese, onion/spinach mixture, and bacon. Stir thoroughly to mix.
Butter a glass pie plate or quiche dish, pour mix in, and pat evenly with a fork.
Bake in 350 degrees F. oven 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let rest 5 minutes before cutting & serving.
I bet you can’t eat just ONE slice!
Photo by Jenna L.
RECIPE COURTESY OF www.food.com
CLICK http://mjwrecsics.SBCSpecial.com TO BUY YOUR SKINNY FIBER.
FOLLOW https://www.facebook.com/michele.wrecsics.7

No comments:

Post a Comment